Friday, May 16, 2008

When you put all your eggs in one basket...

At first I was a little annoyed when I noticed a bird fly from my hanging flower basket every time I walked out the door. Flashbacks of sparrows doing a death dive towards my head every time I approached my porch in Lehi came quickly to mind. My first thought this time around was about how I would water the flowers I just bought last week. I took the basket down and was surprised to see a perfect little nest with blue eggs. Savannah, of course, welled up with tears at the thought of ever watering the flowers again. I guess I can sacrifice the beauty of my flowers for the sake of four little birds. Now, if I can just keep the mommy bird from trying to peck my eyes out it can be a win-win situation.



4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Wow that does bring back some memories from Lehi. I hope they do not pock your eyes out, I like your eyes...
Hope the flower was not to much money. Now the kids will watch you like a hawk, to not water it to kill the birds.. Ha Ha Love, Kathy

Holly said...

That really is amazing! I don't know if I've ever seen real blue baby bird eggs before. Was the mama around when you took the flower down to get the picture with the kids??? It's going to be so fun to watch them hatch. Good luck with those.

Unknown said...

When I read this I just had to laugh. Oh the memories!!! I was afraid for my life somedays when I had to walk over to your home. But that sweet daughter of yours always did have a sensitive heart, I wonder where she got that from? Couldn't be her mother? Love the eggs and what a awesome thing to teach your kids about sacrifce, I know you and your hanging flowers, they mean more to you than your first born! HaHa (just kidding but you do baby them)

Ingersoll Family said...

Don't blame yourself for those killer birds...it was at Kathy's house...I swear it was Mark's way of keeping us off his grass/yard. Love ya!