Thursday, January 8, 2009

I was doing so good...

I'm not one for making New Year's resolutions. I know I should be but I don't. And guess what. I never fail at them. Of course I never succeed either.

So instead of a resolution I made a conscience decision to try to eat a little better. Last night, after a little workout on the Wii Fit (hey, it may not be a gym membership but it's more than I usually do) I wanted a snack. I bypassed the apple pie sitting on the counter and had a delicious clementine. Yum!

Then, just a little while ago I was needing a little mid morning snack. I went right for the carrots and hummus, which I do admit- I love. As I reached my hand in the 3/4 eaten bag I come upon a what I can only think was a moldy carrot. Just one. Ewwww!

You know how carrots usually get that dry, white coating to let you know that there are only a few more days, maybe a week or two till they need to be tossed? Well they didn't have too much of that coating so I felt cheated-they weren't that old! And I had to toss the carrots prematurely.

Then I headed right for my kids' left over Christmas candy. If that's the way healthy food is going to be, then fine. I'll just stick with what I know best- junk food.

It's shelf life is a lot longer.

6 comments:

Ingersoll Family said...

Wow do I ever miss that fantastic humor of yours. In fact I think I peeeeeeed just now reading your post. Sure love & miss ya!

Ingersoll Family said...

Oh how I miss that fantastic humor of yours. I think I peeeeed just now reading your post. Sure love & miss ya!

Ingersoll Family said...

Wow I think I just left 3 comments on your blog. Anyway...love ya!

Kathryn said...

Hey I'm with you lets, just eat the christmas candy!! I just about have my kids all eaten. Love and miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Why eat a carrot when you can have chocolate? I am really proud of you for doing the Wii Fit so I am glad you rewarded yourself with a treat!! Way to go! Oodles and oodles of love!

Holly said...

I don't think I've even tried to eat more healthy foods in over 10 years (since ballet). I know myself too well---it will never last. It's exactly how you put it-junk fook has a longer shelf life. About the post below...do you remember the Seinfeld episode when George eats the eclair that was still on the doiley in the garbage can of his fiances, and her parents saw him do it. I couldn't stop thinking of that when I read the story about the cheesecake. You are awesome! The difference between you and me is that I never would have had any leftover to begin with. :)