Thursday, December 11, 2008

{Oh yes I did.}



This was a post I started a month ago and it never got quite posted so I'm posting it now in hopes that it will be an encouragement for me to set some new goals for the new year. Eating better being one of them. You'll see why.

At some point during reading this blog post you might find yourself saying "Oh, no she didn't!" Possible even audibly. But the answer is, in fact, "Yes, I did".

I have a very sweet husband who, while at the mall last night, stopped at the Cheesecake Factory to get me a slice of very delicious White Chocolate Rasperry Truffle Cheesecake. We sat around the T.V. while we ate our little treats. I really like to spread the love (with myself) and wanted to save a little for the next day so I ate only half and set aside the rest. My husband (again, remember that he's sweet) gathered it up for me and took it to the kitchen. I assumed he would put it in the refridgerator because he knows me so well and knows how I love my leftovers.

Well, he didn't. He Threw. It. Away! So innocent little me goes to make the kids' lunches in the morning and low and behold what do I find in the trash can? The cheesecake. Gasp!

I was quite taken aback but then (remember what a great husband I have) I realized that was ALL that was in the trash can. He had emptied it out the night before. Before throwing the cheesecake into it. And so I did it. I dug it out of the trash can, put it in the fridge for a couple of hours. And then ate it. And it was dang good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

STEPHANIE!!!! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. That is so funny!! I am impressed with you and also with Richard. What a great guy to take out the garbage (without being asked) and for thinking enough of you to get you cheesecake in the first place! Don't be surprised if for your birthday you get cheesecake and garbage can liners from the Heap family. Happy Eating!!

Kathryn said...

Stephanie, you go girl!! I would of done the same thing! I hate when anyone messes with my leftovers!! I bet it tasted just as good! Love ya!!