Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Still alive

The Davis Family is still alive and well. We enjoyed a trip to Utah in February. And then got back and have been laying low again.


The weather did it to me again. I think I finally figured out why I am not Winter's biggest fan. It's not a fair season, meaning it's kind of selfish. Sure it teases you with a day of sunshine and 60 degree weather, just to get you to venture outside to feel the grass under your feet. And then it YANKS it out from under you and dumps over a foot of snow into your yard. Just for it's own kicks and giggles. That's fine. I get that. It's happened my whole life.

But it also cuts into what is technically Autumn. Like when it snows before December 21st (the first day of winter). That's actually okay with me too, I like a little snow during the Christmas season. It's fun and exciting.

But when it also cuts into Spring, that's when I get mad. I mean enough already. So this is a warning, a threat if you will, to Winter. You have 3 weeks and then that's IT! If there is a flake of snow after the 21st YOU WILL BE SORRY! Okay, I know I'm completely powerless, but I will come up with something. Something scary for winter, something that will make Winter never want to show it's ugly face again.

Now you know what winter does to me. Cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo.

For now I will just have to enjoy being cooped up with a little Kiddie Sandwich.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry winter is so selfish in your part of the world. I am sending you warm thoughts and spring blossoms (yes, they are already on the trees). Cute picture of three cute kids!! Hope Grayson is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry winter is so selfish in your part of the world. I am sending you warm thoughts and spring blossoms (yes, they are already on the trees). Cute picture of three cute kids!! Hope Grayson is feeling better.

Holly said...

Cute picture! My sentiments EXACTLY!

Linda Davis said...

Winter, Winter, Winter, then straight to summer... it isn't even fun huh? Not here either cause it's snowing outside right now. Cute kiddie sandwich!!! Love all their comments about mom.
much love,
momd