Monday, August 4, 2008

We're baaack!

After over a month of traveling, we are home again. Four days after we returned home from our Orlando trip, the kids and I headed to Utah for a visit with family and friends. It was a lot of fun and so good to see everyone. We went to Lagoon with Richard's side of the family (if anyone has some good pictures I would love to have a copy, the ones I got aren't that great), went to the Spanish Fork rodeo, and did lots of other fun things. Below are pictures of some of the other stuff that we did.

Hanging out at Grandma and Grandpa's

Grayson and Papa on the swing.

Aaron and Cory-the question I have is "Whose purse is that?"

Playing Rockband

Swimming with the cousins The boys

The girls, oh and Bryce (not a girl).

The Carnival
Papa and Riley on the Ferris Wheel.

Nana and Savannah.

Grayson, Bowen, Grant, and Riley. We are true "carnies"!

The Cabin


Grayson, Isaac, Clarke, London, and Bryce going out on the paddle boat at the cabin.

Bryce with all of his neices and nephews at the cabin. Man, we'll miss him when he leaves on his mission! Who will watch all of the kids for us?

In Grandma Betsy's trailer doing puzzles and playing games. We lost Idaho in the state puzzle though. Sorry, Grandma!

Savannah with two of her "greats", my grandmas. Grandma Simmons on the left and Grandma Tholl on the right. And they're both so young that in another 15 years or so we can do a 5 generation photo! One of the benefits of being the oldest child of the oldest child of the oldest child in the family!

The Lake

When we went boating the boys spent so much time in the tube there were a couple of times I thought they might have fallen asleep out there! Sorry about the sun in yours eyes, Gray!

Savannah loved boating. She was, however, not as thrilled with tubing. She was all gung-ho to go until her graceful mother tried to get on the tube and "unstabilized" it for a second. After that she was convinced that her life was going to come to an end right there in that tube on Utah Lake. But I know I heard her giggle a couple of times. She did have fun, whether she believes it or not.

The temple

One of the hightlights of the trip for me was going to the temple with Bryce.

Okay, now that it's taken me all day to do this blog post I will have to continue later with more updates...

6 comments:

Chard said...

That picture with the boys in the tube on Utah lake...man, the look of the water makes me just want to jump right in!

Chard said...

I also want to mention that I had the opportunity to go with Bryce to the Temple while he was visiting out here. This young man I must say is ready and excited to serve his Lord. I'm very proud to have spent that time with him. He's going to be a great missionary. All those who know Bryce know that he is full of compassion, which is probably one of the reasons he was called to Bolivia.

Anonymous said...

Haha, so much stuff in so little time. Or, at least, that's what it felt like.

And what do you have against my purse? ;)

Holly said...

Very cute pictures! I checked your blog this morning, and by tonight you had a whole new look on the background of your blog as well as a great new post. We miss you guys tons.

Unknown said...

Hey lady, you commented on my blog about a memory and I have to say I have to agree. We laughed hard and had so much fun, I miss those days. But also when I looked at these fun pics from when you went boating, do you recall the "water weenie" We laughed so hard those were the days....

Linda Davis said...

Miss all of you... good luck to you Bryce - you will be a great missionary and your doing what your meant to do.