Thursday, September 17, 2009

Continued Summer Fun

So, here is what happened for the rest of our summer, once we returned to Massachusetts. I know you have been waiting at the edge of your seat.

First of all, we went to Quincy to see John Adams' houses. That would be John Adams, plural and possessive. Not sure how to do the punctuation on that one, feels like I should add a couple of more 'S's there. Anyway, John Adams (2nd president) and John Quincy Adams (6th president) had a couple of houses there. Make sense? Okay..moving on.

It was a not a very picture-taking-friendly kind of place. Gotta preserve all that old stuff, ya know? Which worked out well because I forgot my camera. I did take this with my cell phone though. Doesn't do it justice but I'm sure if you're deeply interested you could google it and get some great interior pics.

The kids and I went berry picking. We picked blueberries (and by "we" I mean Savannah and I while the boys ran around wildly) with the Adams' (not related to the aforementioned Johns) and Jacksons.


Savannah and Taylor

Crazy boys

The Monday before school started we canoed down the Concord river. We went to the North Bridge. It was beautiful and tons of fun. We even sang "Row, row, row your boat". In rounds. Awesome. And not as much work as you might expect. My suggestion: take someone bigger and stronger than you and place them in the rear of the boat and appoint yourself as photographer. Perfect!


Working hard
Happy End of Summer!

Next to come: First day of school and Camp Bournedale

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Everything looks SO fun!! Great pictures!!

Linda Davis said...

You guys are awesome. Love the 'Y' shirt!!!